Well, it’s been six months since my last post. For the past few months, I’ve been busy visiting relatives and friends and running errands for my parents at the same time celebrating Christmas and New Year with them. After New Year, I went back home (which is in a different country) and continued on my daily routine. Life is full of surprises indeed (good and bad). After several weeks, I received an email saying my mom had a stroke and is in a critical condition. My husband and I agreed that I have to fly back to be with her. Ironically, she already passed away even before I arrived. IT REALLY HURTS. I never thought that would be my last moments with my mom. I realized, we totally don’t have control in life, we just have to give it all up to GOD and trust Him in EVERYTHING.
A mother is a gift from God. She makes you realize the true value of life itself by acting as a guardian angel whenever you experience roughness and discomfort in life. Nowadays, we take less importance in valuing motherhood. Amidst our busy schedule, I suggest we spare some time to give our mother the appreciation and the care that she needs.
Although it's quite too early for Mother's Day, I would like to share some tips to make your mom feel special and loved:
1. CALL HER - Pick up the phone and say hi. Ask how she is or tell her you miss her cooking. It will definitely brighten up her day.
2. BRING HER TO A BEAUTY PARLOR - Mothers need pampering. They don't say it out loud but when we make the first move by offering her a hair makeover, or maybe a manicure and a pedicure, they will be so happy and be thankful to you for being sensitive to their needs. (You can also try to treat her for a spa or a whole body massage)
3. TREAT HER FOR LUNCH/DINNER - Surprise her by taking her to her most favourite restaurant in town once in a while.
4. WATCH MOVIES TOGETHER - Enjoy watching a movie with your mom from time to time. It will remove the stress out of her daily routine.
5. TAKE HER ON A TOUR - Taking her on a trip will surely revitalize her energy and outlook in life. Try bringing her on a countryside away from all the city lights and busy highways and experience the serenity of that town or maybe to the beach and enjoy the sunset together.
6. BE A LISTENER – Take time to listen to your mom whenever she expresses herself. Sometimes mothers can be burdened with a lot of problems so when she feels like talking to you, be there for her.
7. SHOW YOUR GRATEFULNESS – Thank her for always being there whenever you need her, for the wisdom she gives you each day, for her constant love, for the amazing dish she serves you, and for other things she have done for you. It may be in a form of a gift, a bouquet of flowers, or even just saying a heartfelt “THANK YOU MOM”.
8. GIVE HER HUGS AND KISSES – Nothing beats a hug and a kiss to show affection to your mom. If you are not a physical type like me, just try the suggestions above. (“,)
I'm really going to miss my mom dearly, so to my valued readers, don't ever stop showing love and affection to your mother 'coz you'll never know---it might be your last chance.
A mother's love for her child is like
nothing else in the world. It knows no
law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes
down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
~ Agatha Christie